PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 20:12
Rimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carnage

Naturally we wont agree on this but i do want you to see why other groups will be and are very unhappy.

I personally had several issues with the pension, capping the pension in payment was one that was unacceptable and the RPI restriction another, the RPI is especially a problem as it reduces the pension you will get on money you have already banked, who knows exactly where that will end up but i have 20 years to go and if 84 for life expectancy is right it will lose me estimated 10% of my pension ( or at least £50000 ) as it reduces my pensionable pay by 15%, had i been a pilot in NAPs i wouldn't now have to worry about what i have already banked would i?

Had BA left things as they were as 60 and 65 NRD the GMB would have a problem but not like it does now.

Quote "It also comes from the huge sums of money I'm feeding into NAPS by not drawing a pension from age 55 to 60 whilst continuing to pay in that 8.25%."

Not sure where your getting that from as we all have to pay 8.25% now, besides i thought the whole point of pushing back the retirement age was to fund the deficit not one groups pensionable pay costs?

I can see a lot of pain over this, BA are making out we are all on the same deal and its blatantly not true, most would have accepted it if they had just left it at 60/65 as opposed 55/60, at least you knew who was getting what then.