PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 19:49
Cpt. Relax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlphaMale
There are 3 of us waiting for the answers.

My main question is the first one and the third one.

If I am nly able to teach for 20 hours per month (@$10/$15 per hour) I will have around $250 for that month. But I'll be paying $1,000 a month for accomodation not to mention other costs like food etc.

And if after 18 months I only come away with 600 hours as opposed to the 1,500 hours I will not be impressed. 100 ours of instucting per month will able me to self fund myself for the 12 months of instructing.

If this can't be done I might aswell do the PPL/Night/ME/Multi CPL/IR/FI and then teach in the UK were my accomodation is much cheaper. And have the option of going back to work and flying weekends to build up the hours.

I will be calling EFT in the summer when I am closer to having my funds. I just hope they do what they say they do on the tin. Or at least let me finish with over 1,000 hours.

I called them today.

What the APP concerns:

- First you need to do basic training (JAA & FAA PPL) (phase 1)
- Then you need to go back to Europe to do the ATPL theory (because you need it to do any further JAA-training (like JAA CPL) (phase 2)
- Then you return to EFT to complete the professional training (phase 3)
- Then you are employed at EFT (phase 4)

In phase 1 & 3 you will study on M1 Visa, phase 4 will be working on J1 visa with a maximum of 2 year.

ps: if you read this don't forget to look at my questions is asked in my previous posting