PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any AENA (Spanish) controller around ?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 15:36
nandogor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by clr4takeoff
Hi guys,
I have a question to any spanish controller.
I was wondering if AENA is hiring foreign (but with european passport and fluent in spanish, claro) controllers. And if yes, what are the general conditions ?
Thanks to take a moment to answer !

Hi,

I'm not a controller but I'm in the final stage of the recruiting process to become one in AENA - As per the number of candidates at this stage I have 27% of probabilities - Let's see if I have some luck!

AENA does not hire controllers formed in any other institution. If you succeed in the recruiting process, you will work as a controller after passing their 2 year course (but the passing rate is close to 100% as the recruiting process is quite tough). They are recruiting foreign people as long as they have european passport and they pass a test in Spanish language (grammar, listening and an interview - Intermediate/advanced level).

The selection process is quite hard and it is done every two years.

Once you become a controller the general conditions are excellent (salary, annual leave,...) that's why in the last process (2006) more that 6000 people applied.

By the way, I was wondering if anyone is willing to help me. I wanted to visit an ATC in the UK before attednding my last interview so I could see the other side of the coin, so to speak can anyone help or give me a contact?

Thanking you in advance

Regards,

Fernando