PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 5
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 10:31
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if Jet2 decided to go head to head with Easyjet on NCL-PRG route, they don't seem to be afraid of having a bit of competition. My only concern is that, is there enough demand for these 2 airlines to fly the same routes, in addition to the charter companies who offer flight only to AGP, PMI etc. Jet2 certainly have a/c on the ground, which obviously would be more profitable flying, so there is the possibility of extra routes from them. Maybe they could try a new destination, NCL is lacking in services to France, Germany and the new EU states of Latvia, Estonia, Bulgaria, Hungary etc.

Anybody know what Jet2's plans are for the winter? Are they retaining all the based a/c, 2 x 737, 2 x 757 and 1 x 146 or will capacity drop again?

Just having a think over the parking stands issue and the number of a/c which nightstop at NCL, including the summer charter units. To me there seems to be no spare stands should everything be on the ground at the same time, including the cargo MNG a/c and the Eastern JS41's sharing stands?! surely the airport will be operating at maximum capacity late at night and early in the morning? Will the closure of Costa have any impact on more check ins etc? And will security ever operate all 5 xray machines during busy periods to minimise the ques?

There still seems to be no word on Menzies Aviation? Was it just a rumour?