PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brantly
Thread: Brantly
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 01:49
fling-wing_1

Location: East of the sun, west of the moon, straight on till morning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dennis,
Nice to hear from one such as yourself on the Brantly. I ran across these pics lately, I assume they're of your old gal.

Nice looking ship..for a Brantly I'm still searching for a good paint scheme for mine. I'm leaning toward something like the yellow and black "Wasp" over there in the UK. It's not an airframe that lends itself well to finding a good paint scheme easily. Once you get to know them though they do seem to impress. Nice flying and well engineered. I've found I really enjoy the hovering auto's, it's a bit like landing on cotton balls what with those oleos. I'm still working to get mine back in the air. Hopefully that will be in a couple months if I can get enough free time to get it done. I do find it interesting that in talking with folks, the detractors almost always seem to have little or no experience flying, owning or operating the machine. Almost without exception anyone who's ever owned or flown one any period of time will always voice their fondness for the type. Ah well such it is with lots of things in life I guess

Last edited by fling-wing_1; 15th Jan 2007 at 02:09.