PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2006 Qantas Cadets
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2007, 23:13
mattgitau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmmm' Backdoorbandit' - it must be so difficult to fly a relatively sophisticated turbo-prop into an non radar, uncontrolled AD.....just imagine if another aircraft was in the circuit!! wow....that would mean you would have to fly the plane, look out the window, monitor TCAS, make radio calls try and get some sort of Situational Awareness going on.....wow.......just imagine how much easier it would be if there were two of you sitting up the front.

I guess it must be so easy for those spoon fed jet drivers over here....i mean how hard can it be to fly a jet, try and maintain some kind stabilised approach whilst slowing down or speeding up - (depending on traffic), trying to maintain S.A, monitor TCAS, talk on the radio, make last minute changes to CDU's, Fly approaches to the absoute minima in crap weather, on absolute min fuel......mmmmmm i can see how much easier it is in the spoon-fed world.....boy........i am suprised that dont do the whole boeing/Airbus thing single pilot IFR.....actually why not VFR - turn the x-ponder off and use a different call sign to avoid Airways charges.

You have it all figured out!......i really dont know how those Metro's do it.....maybe it would be safer if they all just stayed on the ground.

AND here we are argueing that Cadets are suitable - what a friggin laugh.it
.......mmmmmmmm......lets see.......i was a cadet........and a GA Driver.....and a Metro driver.........and now a wide-body driver.......all in the space of 5 years..........mmmmmmmmmm was i never suitable......mmmmmmm
''what a friggen laugh''
. my 'friend' the joke is on YOU