PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB Embraer Operation
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2007, 20:16
Mr Wright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirty deeds, it would seem that you want to bake your cake and eat it too. If you post some info on this site, post the positive stuff as well. in response to your items:
1. Capt base pay $112K PLUS 15K retention bonus yearly.
2. FO EMB baes nearly 62K Plus nearly 10K retention bonus yearly. I aggree with your comments regarding bond and endo costs.
3.Company average pilots fly 74 hours monthly. Emb Capt gets nearly 150 in overtime per hour. Roughly in my calculations that's another $876 a month over base pay with allowances on top of that. Maybe just another $1000 per month. Mind you a month now is a 28 day period. Some people might say that doesn't sound too bad.
4. Agree on this one
5. What other flying organisation gets paid extra for ground courses??????
6. I think that 2 one sector days is pretty cruisy, even with short layover. If you sign on at 5am in HBA, then you'll be signed off in MEL by 0725 won't you???? Nice rest of the day to yourself/ family if you have some.
7. As you stated the average accros the pilot compliment averages 14 days off EVERY 28 DAYS, some will have 10 days off every 28 days and some will have up to 18 days off every 28 days, it just depends on how you roster bid! Doesn't sound bad to me when they cannot give me any reserve days !!!!
8. One month reserve blocks (28 days), big deal, you may get it once every 2 years if you were unlucky, and if you did, 13 days off leaves 15 days on reserve. Hardly worse than than the current system of 12 days reserve in a row with 2 days off in between?
9. This is a roster bidding preference that you would select. Simply put if you want a single day off you have to have selected that option at bidding stage! 7 days on, one day off, then work another seven and hey presto there you have the rest of your 28 days of the roster off. Doesn't that mean the next 12 off???????
Before the slinging I am about to receive, yes I was the one in nine pilots at VB who voted YES to the new aggreement. I was of the opinion in my personal circumstances, yes my personal circumstances, that it could work for ME. The railroading by some of the VB crew has been pathetic in my eyes. By the way I am not a checking pilot, I am a regular line driver. Some peolple seem worried about their monthly allowances dropping due to less overnights, to those people, I hope that if these new work rules come through, you bid so that you are at work the most to receive the maximum in allowances, and leave me the maximum time at home.
Once again as I see it, and correct me if i'm wrong!