PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GAMA
Thread: GAMA
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2007, 19:33
SA120

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my thoughts

I think that this thread is very sad, I had the pleasure to fly with Gama at ABZ and thought all of the guys there were fantastic, friendly and very proffessional. They make a great job of the important job they do.

I see the problem for Gama and their management team, they are trying to establish a similar team at GLA like the established team at ABZ, this will only take time.
I am sure the management team are experienced and know this.
What seems to me is occuring is one or two bad apples turning the whole bunch bad. This is very damaging for any company and I feel the company are only trying to obtain keen and dedicated, loyal staff to boost the company and the morale within.
All pilots seem to promise the earth at the interview whilst they require and need the job, and once they have consumed the training they are then suddenly believe they are worth there weight in gold and forget themselves. Of course they are only using the company as a stepping stone in order to move onwards and upwards. But maybe they should be grateful for the time they are with their employer and the experience in that role that they gain.

The job is damanding but very rewarding, all medical flights and King Air pilots operating in all weathers, winds and conditions and types of airports from large to small with good and bad navigation aids, runways etc is very difficult together with flying short notice on a "go now" emergency situations day and night makes this job tough.

If you have done this job for a reasonable period then your skills will be higher than most other pilots and of course will help with the application of your next job especially if a good reference is obtained.

I am not sure but if an individual paid for there entire training themselves and put themselves in a position to work from day one thus earning the company money with no cost to them then maybe they would not be bonded. A bond is to allow time for the company to recover the investment they have made in an individual and some gain.
Common in all Investors. A pilot is a cost and an investment and companies need a return on such or they would not be there in the first place. I know this company and simply do not belive that they job and all of the hardships of life and time commitment that come with this job would not have been explained in full.