PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crossroads
Thread: Crossroads
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2007, 16:28
FIMbar the Furious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crossroads

Looking for a bit of advice, I am at a cossroads with where I would like to go with my carear.
Currently a line LAE for Euro carrier away from main base. Love the job to bits but am getting fed up with shift work and outdoors in all weather. Have a young family so want to see more of them especially at week ends. Wife is getting fed up with the "flights late so I will be to " phone calls
I have in the past ran my own department with all that entails and really enjoyed it and would perhaps like to do it again. The thought of going into training also appeals.
I was all set to do a mid level mangment course (not MBA cant afford that)but have thought about a degree top up to my part 66 B1.
Has any one done one of these with a UK university and have any opinion. I am worried that although they say you can do it in 2 years self study is it actually possible. I have not studied basic engineering principles since 19oatcake and am worried about drowning.
Also did you and your employer find it usefull or is it looked as the poor cousin compared to pure degrees.
I am preprad to study hard in my own time but dont want to waste that time.
Thanks in advance