PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2007, 16:23
number1matelot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Boy
Avtur -
I work in a NATO HQ, I do not have access to JPA in my workplace, I have to use a shared 56kbps dial-up connection in another building - even entering the simplest 2-line claim cannot be achieved in less than 30 minutes. It often takes me several weeks before I have time to put a claim in, several times I have experienced anomalies on JPA which have totally screwed the foreign exchange rates, international calls to the 'help' line to attempt to resolve issues have to be paid and accounted for (no military phone connection). I am lucky if the pay gets to my account in under a month after expenditure.

Take into account the inevitable audits (I am running at about a 25% rate) and JPA is taking up more of my work time than you would believe. It has now got so bad that I cannot spare time away from the desk to sort some of the issues and have found myself coming in off leave to sort JPA issues - I would not bother if I was not so out of pocket. I would actually like someone to send me one of those bloody annoying surveys on time management so I can itemize the waste of time JPA has become.

I heard last month that the Army are not going to let their chaps interface with JPA, but will have a trained corps to handle claims and admin for individuals - it is too important for said individuals to continue their jobs as soldiers apparently. Shame that the RAF do not act the same; I've had an idea!...we could fill in a blue claim form thingy... and pass it on to a section in the headquarters...and they could then credit an entitled amount to our bank accounts.... and then we could get on with our primary jobs!

Back to Avtur's point. JPA is pedigree rubbish that is getting worse and worse. It is the biggest 'push' factor that is going to make me take my coming option.

End of rant.
Sorry to use your quotes, but this is what you do.1st point. If you do not have access to JPA where you work, E-mail your expenses to your Unit HR and get them to fill out the manual form that they can send up to JPAC. This should lessen the amount of time that you have to wait for your money.

2nd Point. Your 25% audit of claims is about right. 1 in 5 claims are audited so you are only 5% above the line. Bearing in mind that if you put in more that 4 claims per 30 days all your claims will be audited for a further 60 day period. Trick to remember here is to put more than one journey on each claim.

3rd Point. If you do take your coming option make sure that you don't work for the civil Service. Their Pay system (HRMS) is even worse than the one you are working on.