PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB Embraer Operation
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2007, 09:07
dirty deeds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dehavillanddriver,
Sorry for confusing the situation, my post was slanted towards this EBA getting through in its current form or close to it. My info was designed to inform tryhard and anyone else interested in the EMB, that is all. You are absolutely right about commands if the operation is greenfielded, all bets will be off and VB will grab anyone with time that is willing to work under these conditions. If pilots out there think that this document or conditions close to what I stipulated in my original post is close to their worth, then go for it. That what a democracy is all about, freedom of choice. VB pilots work close to 90 hours each month, what management have planned is pilots doing 870 hours a year, so you do the maths. If $60k a year is worth this to you, once again go for it, but I also will state that this greenfield operation will most likely conducted under an AWA.
As for Dubya, you can read into his post anyway you like, but 87% of VB pilots did not vote this EBA down for just personal reasons, they voted this EBA down for the future of this industry and the next guy who wants a career at VB.
As for ten years to a command, VB management just announced another 7 commands a month for thr next 12 months. That means at the current rate, it's 4.5 years top to a command. People are leaving and planned to retire at a steady rate in the comming years. Many an 89er in his mid-late 50's.
Just the facts.

Last edited by dirty deeds; 14th Jan 2007 at 09:18.