PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways
Thread: GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2007, 01:48
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GB airways to get LGW BA Business.

BA are bound to be finding the going tough at LGW. There always were questions raised about the performance of the LGW operation. EZY have a great set up there.

But if BA give up there LGW business its a very sad day. Willie Walsh had led the shaping up of EI to enable it to compete against FR at DUB. Now I am not suggesting BA should be low cost but BA should get there costs in order on short haul and make the LGW business be robust and competitive.

Alot of routes esp Long haul are moving to LHR. A friend of mine who works at LGW said that she feels that its only a matter of time until BA LGW no more and she said she will be at LHR!!!

BA is enjoys the benefits of its presence at LHR, I wonder will LHR be just a attractive in 15 years as the other London airports grow and LHR continues to get congested both by road and air????

In my view BA needs to be robust enough to take on its rivals on short haul and make a profit on same, namely on LGW routes.

I remember the sad day that Dan Air went under, it was very sad, as i really like them. I would be horrible to see BA leave LGW too , although the brand would still be there in franchise , the BA presence would not.