PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Lights
Thread: Night Lights
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2007, 22:51
Tailboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Helopat the machine I was flying the other night when my mag light gave up was a AS350B2 which has consol lighting but I find that it is a great help to have a seperate light to view or set for example the QNH/QFE. You could switch on the overhead lights but I find them to bright and your night vision is easliy destroyed, also when I'm coming into land I like the instument panel very dim

Further to Um...liftings comments I find that the lighting in some of the turbine machines I fly leaves a lot to be desired !!

Another comment Um ...Lifting made was that you would have to be tired of living to fly a piston at night and candles might be a good option in a R22 what a load of rubbish, ive flown extensivley at night in both single Turbine and Piston and I can tell you that when the flame goes out the result will be the same, not wishing to stoke up an a discussion that has been aired before but when was the last time you heard of an engine failure related crash in a R22/R44, also the lighting on the instument panels of these machines works a damm sight better than most AS350's or Hughes 500's that ive flown in