PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re-applying to NATS
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2007, 16:51
ShuttleSixYankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to be a lot of people getting turned down at the final stage.. a little worrying as I have my final stage interview in a couple of weeks! any ideas where you guys were going wrong? not to rub salt in the wounds or anything! any help appreciated

rich
To be honest Rich, the reason for failure in the final stage is now down to the individual. NATS split the old final stage into 2, the first of which are 2 key elements (computer tests and HR structured interview) which you must pass. In other words, with the old system, if someone had performed really well in the technical interview and/or group discussion but failed either the computer tests and/or the HR interview they would have definitely been turned down. It's one of those 'must pass' elements, similar to the initial selection tests if you like.

Not sure what the 3rd stage involves these days, though I think it'll be the group discussion, technical interview and motivational test, the latter of which I believe you must also achieve a mark which is above the NATS threshold.

I believe the reason people are turned down at this stage (aside from the 'must-pass' elements) is because they may have certain issues unsuited to being able to train as a Student Air Traffic Controller. This could be anything, it really depends where you yourself are coming from.

Best of luck!

SHT6Y