PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manx2
Thread: Manx2
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2007, 05:36
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re & Em

Originally Posted by Hansol
Good post EI-BUD. The problem with the IOM is that there has always been one too many operators, Emerald came and eventually went, Aer Arann came and sort of went, (there seems to be somekind of a wet lease deal with EM). I think Flybe will cherry pick, EM's routes to LPL amd LCY have to be targets, but the manx people have always been very supportive of Euromanx after a rocky start and I could see that as being their advantage. Perhaps EM should attack first with a limited service to BHM and even Gatwick if the slots are there.
Thanks Hansol,
I agree, Flybe will cherrypick. If Euromanx is well supported by the manx locals they should be thinking about tapping into the LGW route as the primary London airport that it is for the IOM. However, it would be foolish taking on Flybe on routes to any of its bases where it has a vested interest, so maybe I would avoid BHX . Some believe that BE have no strategic interest in the IOM, but as competition intensifies when BACON is integrated and BE is head to head on many WW, EZY and LS routes they may like to go for quick wins to airports like the IOM where LCC dont have access? WHat do you think ?

Quite often I use LPL airport on my way to Spain as a connection point (or when i cant get EZY on BFS ALC), so last July while waiting at the airport got chatting to a guy who works for RE, he said that some deal was done with Euromanx, RE would get the Wet lease deal and get off the LPL and MAN routes. It seems like a total ceasefire happened between the two airlines!!!!