PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2007, 05:06
wirgin blew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess that would mean bye bye Sydney overnights?
Some, but can they get cabin crew in SYD to work for what we get paid?

As for no L2X only time will tell whether or not this is a good or bad thing. Yes we will be working differently than before but will we be working harder I cannot say for sure. We seem to survive when there are only 4 of us on a 700 and as a floater I dont always feel that welcome onto a 800 anyway so perhaps this will be better as far as the team goes. Breaks are already in the roster on the turns so you can forget about the sup payment form. No second service on flights below 2 hours, so once again forget the sup forms. The reality is that a fair few of those flights didnt have a second service anyway so lets just be honest with ourselves about that.
R1 and R2 dont marshall so that will save us and if the caterers put that away properly then more time there. All we have left is the cleaning and I am sure that by the next EBA when they reduce us to 3 crew and get the cleaners on they will save some more money.
My only thought is that live to air isnt going to be the saviour that we think. I believe that many people will think the tv is to expensive and wont bother paying the money. Have the wise men at the top thought about this and how they are going to keep foxtel happy. Will we have to increase our tickets by $6 to give the product away.
Also with all the changes happening with our breaks and reduced crew have the wise men worked out yet how expensive it is to pax us all around the country. When you pax a crew from MEL-SYD and the flight is full you are missing out on revenue. Who is accounting for this. I have seen full flights with 4 paxing crew equating to $2000 in revenue gone( 4xfully flex).
I guess you could say I am not happy with the way things are going atm but who is. Its time to start listening to all your employees and not just the ones going into the office.