PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2007, 04:38
maui

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Gents

Full forward. I don't quite understand the context of your comment re professionlism, friendliness etc. I thought we were discussing T&C's.
Regarding bulk firing of anyone, can you give some more detail, cos I don't know who you are referring to. If you are talking about intake or transition training, there have been a few that have fallen by the wayside, some under dubious justification.

Ndege pilot
I'm on 777. Contracted to CCL, by my choice having been ripped off unmercifully by IAC Pacific. CCL has by far the greatest number of pilots here, and also handle Alteon insructors in these parts.
Choice of contract co is vey much up to the individual, as each has some pro's and con's. A word of caution though. Once you apply and come here on interview, you are locked (for the next 5 years) into the contractor who arranged it.
You cannot come here by invitation of one, and then jump to another.

4PW's
What you see is what you get. Safety bonus or any other for that matter, is at sole discretion of KAL. Maybe they will pay one, mabe not. Maybe you'll participate in it, mabe not. For planning purposes, it does not exist.
A misconception about travel to base. It is not done by ticket. You are rostered to do it. Must travel, not subload. No offload. No seniority/priority, you are on. No accomodation costs. If you were offloaded, (I've not known that to occur in the last 10+ years), KAL would accomodate you. On a very few occasions I have heard of a lack of business class seats, requiring ecy travel home, (very rare).
Family tickets are a different story, but in my experience usually works pretty well, depending on seasonal loads.

Work on 85 + hours. I think the 744 is doing a bit more than that at the moment, but it varies a bit on a seasonal basis.

M

Last edited by maui; 13th Jan 2007 at 05:00.