PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2007, 02:39
4PW's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tickets for days off at home base

Hi Maui,

Thanks for the concise answers. They are appreciated by us all.

I really should have put questions 1) and 12) this way: is the final package about $13200 a month, or are there hidden additives? You did mention a safety bonus, though the CCL/Rischworth contracts do not.

About the free tickets to a nominated home base every month, neither the CCL nor the Rischworth contracts speak of these being guaranteed, though that noun is used when describing travelling to commence a duty, and in the instance of Economy tickets four times a year on the network for family members.

It appears the monthly tickets home are either on the GD, or as a ticketed passenger, but in both cases travel is on standby basis. Is that correct, sir?

It also seems that priority between pilots travelling to the same base, and there must be a few going to Sydney each month, is on a first come first served basis. That's ok, but if someone doesn't get on and has to stay in the Incheon Hyatt another night, may I ask who pays the hotel bill please?

Finally, may I ask how many hours you fly each month on the B777 fleet? It may be representative of what sort of utilization the company is looking for in its expat pilot group, be they on the A330, B737, B777 or B744.

Knowing the answers to these and other questions goes a long way in assessing the merits of the job on offer, so thanks for your time, Maui.