PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar International Getting It Right.........Not
Old 13th Jan 2007, 02:34
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only people I feel sorry for are those that would rather pay for a full service airline, but are forced to fly low cost due to it being their only option on the route they wish to take.

LCCs offer the opportunity to save money if you can put up with lower standards than full service airlines. I can pay $50 a night for a hotel room or $500. For $50 I can't complain if the carpets seen better days, the wall paper is peeling and there's no cable TV.

LCCs suit some people, not just those in flannelette shirts and tracksuits. Divide the $$$ saved by the length of the flight, "earnings" of $70+/hr are quite possible. Not bad money for sitting down reading the paper.

I have the choice of 3 LCC and 2 full service airlines (Singapore Airlines being one) on a route I wish to fly later this year. If I fly SIA the schedule is more convenient, we depart from the main terminal with all facilities vs budget with minimal, B777 with good leg room and inflight entertainment vs A320 high density seating with no IFE. Free meals, drinks, newspapers and magazines vs pay for your own. Superbly trained cabin crew, awards for inflight service vs min number legally required of low pay high turnover worked to death people.

But, as there are 4 of us and SIA are three times the price I think I know who I will be travelling on Will check last minute deals though might get lucky