PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 23:32
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigHairyPotatoes
I thought the cart with the OBT and bank bags was supposed to be sealed during turnaround and until crew release. You not following procedure young man.
Its called Time Management - the less time I have to spend inflight doing that kind of stuff increases my available time for helping crew with other stuff, and therefore ultimately the amount of time available to crew for breaks - and was cleared by my CCDM as a "good idea" - but thanks for your feedback anyway

A question to the CS's - do you ever, ever get a break? Eg on a -700 (and soon -800 ) with 4 crew 4 sector MEL-SYD there is No time at all that you have away from the punters - at least the crew down the back get a bit of down time (after take off, and on descent)! R1's I find on these days get exhausted, and say the same thing - they are "on" all day. Sure its different when there are longer sectors etc, but I am talking about in general.

Would be interested to see what other CS's have to say, and more to the point how they are able to achieve these breaks and maintain KRA's at the same time?

Thanks!