PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX quality of life
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 20:38
cpdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MMA757
I have a few questions on quality of life for US freighter base with Cathay. I am sure then have been asked before, o'well i will ask again. What are the schedules like, as far as days on/off? Are the bids monthly hard line or is it a preferential bidding system? How long can one expect to be on rsv? Do many commute, if so how? jumpseat/purchase ticket. As a new hire what base could i expect to be put in and is it easy to change bases within the US? How long to make command for US freighter? Sorry if these have been asked over and over. Thanks!
Hmmm, not trying to be funny but I'll be brief.

Schedules are crap. You could be 5-12 days on then 3-5 days off before you go again. No set standard. NO BIDDING. You get and fly the crap your given. Many changes occur every month. Rsv is given to the most senior down to the newbie. No pattern here either you just get what you get. Bases I believe are JFK, LAX and ANC. If there are vacancies then you can change bases. Most commute...no jumpseats as tickets at your cost. Time to command depends on if they like you! Could be 2 years to 10 years.