PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What about a helicycle?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 20:13
kylevp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about a helicycle?

Lots of googling, and I've come up with nothing. What about buying a helicycle once I've completed my ppl, to build turbine hours? It would be a lot of flying alone, but it would build what seems to be precious turbine hours? At which point, once I had accumulated enough, it would seem that I could sell it....

Any thoughts on this? a forum search for Helicycle returned nothing.

I'd much prefer at least a 2 seater, so I could take other people with me, or maybe actually do something productive with it.... but worst case I could use it to commute to a full sized town thats about 60 miles from here for work that would pay more than where I'm at now, while I work on hours.....

And then when I wanted to take someone else with me, I could just rent one.

Expensive I'm sure, but when you start to talk about $40k price tags for a new-ish turbine helicopter, that doesn't really compare to the cost of renting or leasing the usual suspects. Or would these "turbine" hours not really count for anything? (I'm in the US)

(I was pointed to this thread by the last one I posted in, and it does seem much more relivent to what I was asking. If I should have continued to post in the other thread, I apologize.)