PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Conviction A Problem?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 17:31
SingSong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluepeely
I've also been done for a DR10 mate and its a killer for nearlly everything in life. Every employer sees you as a walking piss can who sits in the park swigging cider, harsh but true. I got told by CTC that it failed me and i thought honesty might shine through. If i were you id leave it till 5yrs and tell no-one. Basically ignore what you've been taught by your parents and teachers all your life about being honest and take the advice of a complete stranger and lie

Assuming i'm not missing any hidden sarcasm (i'm tired and i may be) don't lie about it. As a previous poster said airlines will look carefully at people with DUI convictions, you will be in control of a plane with 10's if not hundreds of passengers, they want to be sure you won't be a liability. if they ask you have to tell them the truth. it's that simple. lying could have a far greater implication should they decide to check.

when will you be allowed your licence back? if you can go a few years with a clean licence it might just show you've changed. I can't give guarantees, but i'd maybe wait a year or so, get a part time job, maybe, if you can afford it, obtain your PPL (if you haven't one already) at least you'd be working toward your dream. in the long run i believe it shouldn't harm you too much, it's just the immediate few years that might be hard (and the first job, but the first job will always be hard)

Thats my thoughts anyway. Just remember, don't do it again. that would really hurt.