PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Conviction A Problem?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 16:06
frankboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drink Driving Conviction

I am 19 years old, its been my dream to become a pilot, but stupidly i have recently (last week) received a drink driving conviction. DR10 i think is it referred to as. I have received a driving ban and a subsequent fine. I realise from speaking to various people in the industry that it should not affect my ability to get an airside pass nor to complete the APP course successfully, but i am concerned, and in desperate need of honest advice concerning the following.
1) at 19 and a 1/2 , i would theoretically be completed at oat at 21, so i assume the chances of gaining immediate employment are slight anyway. with the conviction against my name for the next 5 years, would i stand a realistic chance of gaining employment.
2)If However i was to delay training for a few years. for example 3 years, then with the approx period of training etc 2 years. this total delay period would be 5 years which would mean that i would not need to declare it to the potential employer.Would this be the better option.
I would really appreciate some honest advice on this matter as it is an enormous risk for me to take on.
look forward to hearing from you.
Frank