PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CVR recording from ATR 72 fatal crash leaked on internet
Old 12th Jan 2007, 15:46
Nick NOTOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lomapaseo
I wasn't aware that there is a "regulation" regarding the disemination of CVR's. For this reason the use of the term 'leaked' may not be appropriate. In fact the recording may have been released not in violation of a regulation..
OK, just before I go down in flames I do agree with everything that IFALPA says and that we must do everything within our power under, applicable under existing regulations to restrict the disemination of CVRs.
I bet the great majority of the posters on this forum agree with the IFALPA sentiment. But I wonder if the futher discussion might discuss the actual controls afforded to the restictions/protections from the actual release of the CVR within the various states, inside and outside ICAO's reach

The sole purpose of FDR is accident investigation, for incident investigation it may be used. The investigating authority is therefore responsible for ensuring integrety when working with voice recordings!

I HOPE THAT PPRUNE WILL DELETE ANY LINK TOWARDS THIS RECORDING!

Regards, Nick