PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 4
Thread: MANCHESTER - 4
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 14:08
Curious Pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read elsewhere that the machines are already installed, but not yet in use. An expensive mistake and egg on someone's face if it doesn't happen.
All this MAN v LPL bickering is pointless. LPL is bound to have a superior overall terminal as they had the benefit of starting from scratch a few years back, whilst MAN (in T1 at least) have to tweak what they have, that is many years older. T2 and T3 are bit less problematic for the same reason. The only way this would be solved would be if MAN copied LHR, and built a new terminal that would give sufficient extra capacity to allow T1 to be closed for a couple of years whilst it was knocked down and rebuilt - financial constraints make that unlikely.
I flew in and out of T1 last weekend, and it could be worse, a lot worse. As usual when travelling from Amsterdam I looked at both EZY and Jet2, compared prices and the relative convenience, and this time opted for MAN (I also use LPL sometimes). The ease of use of the 2 airports is not sufficiently different to push me towards one or the other; the ticket price difference and the distance from the 2 airports to my final destination is.
If both airports were popular to be interlined through eh route to a final destination then the rivalry might be bigger than in the minds of a few locals at each place, but the nature of their respective traffic means that this also is a minute consideration.
This is not to suggest that MAN is a beacon of good service or management, but spotters allied to both MAN and LPL do sometimes demonstrate a stunning ignorance of what matters to 99% of passengers!