PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 12th Jan 2007, 11:29
Spartacan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Torycanyon and RAFAT thanks for your comments.

Some years ago I accepted a 'psychological' contract. The airline were emphatic that their working practices predicated a certain lifestyle yet the contract merely stated 'Rostered in accordance with CAP 371'. The resulting roster meant long periods away from home and an argument ensued. Many pilots left the airline and, eventually, the Ops Director got the boot.

I am looking at one more airline job then packing up. However, I have set the bar at part time from my local Flybe base 40 minutes down the road. I take the point about the inequitable part time roster. However, it's the days off I want so I don't mind working flat out on a block of five from home base. The difficulty would seem to be getting the airline to enshrine that in contract. I could put my cards on the table at the outset. Alternatively I could get them to like me and then ask for the deal I want. If it's not offered then I stay put. Mrs S. would have to keep working for a bit longer but then she and the kids get me at home so it's a compromise we would accept.

On balance I will see how the merger pans out and just whack in my CV at an appropriate juncture. One assumes the Flybe management read Pprune and I don't want them to see me coming!

Irrespective I hope the merger goes well for the guys. It can be a horribly unsettling time for families and don't I know it.