PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA get thumbs up.........Not
Old 12th Jan 2007, 10:08
clear to land

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations VB Pilots. This SHOULD/MAY get through to the people dancing around under the mushrooms in the old Telstra building. You van but hope!!!! It surprises me that 70+ guys thought that this document was worth more than toilet paper. But, I guess you all know who the sychophants are by now. As far as guys overseas wanting to come back, there will always be SOME. But of those I have spoken to here in the sand, there are NOT that many Australians who want to come and work for the present conditions, especially after talking to those of us who have experienced it. There will be a few more from various African countries seeking citizenship (understandably so if you saw where they are from!), but the ability to crew a whole operation from here would be very unlikely (ask Jetstar). Good luck in the coming negotiations, and remember-as you have just demonstrated, their is strength in unity. The management has committed to a course of action (EMB) and will not risk the loss of face in the media that postponing/delaying this will entail. The ball is definately in YOUR court for a change. Make sure you use your best endeavours!!