PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar International Getting It Right.........Not
Old 12th Jan 2007, 08:04
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Rat is treating us Travel Agent leeches on the butt of the industry like rubbish due to some grand plan, but I freely admit that I do enjoy travelling with the large marsupial bringing up the top of the blunt end.

Personally I will not travel on any LCC, not for any other reason than the subspecies we book on them. Do not get me wrong in this. I also book a great number of regular clients on LCCs due to QF mainline no longer servicing ports they use. The regulars despair at the quality of the load too and would much prefer the full service carriers back at a higher price.

Some things were never meant to fly.

On the Bali subject, my last ride there was with Garuda. One thing you expect from GA is impacts rather than landings. As we were out via SYD there were 3 and we had 2 longhops and a slam dunk. Nothing new there. Cabin service was beautifully confused and very friendly on all flight sectors and the food was fine. Bintang was cold and bagus sekalih. Seat pitch was excellent as was the overall state of the A330.

GA is coming in around $50 extra on the JQ fare with no addons and paying nothing for frosty Bintangs , food or entertainment. At 7% base commission who do you think the basic Aussie Travel Agent is selling?

The concept is fine, but I feel they have over complicated it with the addon bits and buy on board stuff. It must be hell for the crew as well.

Until the dust settles, this little black duck will happily ride GA to the Island of the Gods and point his passengers in the same direction.

Best all

EWL