PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar International Getting It Right.........Not
Old 12th Jan 2007, 03:48
stubby jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Condition lever
What a crock!
Condition lever............I suggest you go out and experience the service first hand then come back and make an informed post.

I returned from a Jet* trip to HKT return last week and much of what ex QF has said I agree with.

Firstly, for the record I am current QF staff, I have no major axe to grind with Jet* and my wife and 2 kids paid full freight return which cost about $2300. ( I'm over the hassles with staff travel during school hol's.)

EX SYD : JQ27
  • We were delayed ex SYD ( 50 min ) due to waiting for the MEL flight connection pax. Flight full.
  • Daylight sector-all went OK. The whole crew were Thai except CSM. Service very slow. For crew who have only been in the job for 4 weeks -they were less thean enthused about their roles- not overly friendly/warm.
  • Tech crew PA again-see above( but they are not paid for their PA's)
  • Food-fair in quality . Very slow in delivery. DO NOT ask for anything extra!
  • Cabin interior /seating. Much better than QF economy. Leather seats are a winner. Cabin /Galleys look fresh ( month old! )
EX HKT : JQ28
  • On time departure: 2220.
  • Cabin crew 3x Aussie, rest Thai.
  • Flight full.
  • Service went on for ever. Lights were ON FULL for over 5 hours . As a result babies screeching and most pax very very pi---ed off. All you want to do is get on, quick snack then lights off. For Christ sake its a 2230 take off !!!!
  • We had a few Ockers around who were tanked before they got on ( your usual "Bali " types ) who caused a bit of commotion , the crew chose to ignore it -hoping it would go away. Fortunately , on this occasion other pax around sorted it out. But with a 2 man flight crew and all female cabin crew this is a potential area of concern for their operation.
  • Crew were very dismissive and really didn't want to be there. No real warmth and basically couldn't give a rats about families, elderly ......anyone. "Just throw it out and don't interract with us we're way too busy ! "
Overall, I would rate the experience 5/10.
But, you get what you pay for. its a flying Bus service. do not expect Qantas service. Do not have high expectations.It gets you there and back in one piece, We had a great time in Phuket.

BUT.........This is the future of air travel I'm afraid.