PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar International Getting It Right.........Not
Old 12th Jan 2007, 03:27
cabin secure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The following is not meant to cause offence to anyone and I will apologise in advance if it does.
There was a time when airlines could pick the cream of the crop when recruiting. Flying was attractive to educated well spoken males and females alike. It payed extremely well, rest periods were adequate to keep ones demeanour and the benefits were truly "fringe" benefits.
The problem is now they offer peanuts, flog the living bejeeesus out of their crews, give them stuff all rest, and expect a level of service above and beyond the call of duty. High level service standards are a thing of the past me thinks.
Don't get me wrong, there are still those of the old school out there that continue to soldier on despite having every obstacle placed in their way. Damn shame I say.
You should also remember there is no rest period in Bali for the Jetstar crews. They turn around and go straight back. Around a 15 hour duty, through the night. Australian Airlines crew slipped in Bali, usually for several days. Now there's a fringe benefit. No wonder they were happy and always ready with a smile.