PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work Experience
Thread: Work Experience
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 22:13
NI-RYAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My work experience

Hey guys, I had posted last year about an idea of having work experience at my local airport so I thought I might tell everyone about how I got on.
Well...I have just finished my four day work experience at George Best Belfast City Airport and I can definitely say it was a great experience.
Everyone was very friendly who I met and spent time with.
I was round most of the departments/areas in the airport and enjoyed them all.
Personally however I enjoyed despatch the best myself, the workers there were very helpful and friendly and were very enthusiastic to help me with my problems and questions.
When at despatch I was able to board a few planes and ask the pilots there some of my many questions. Those 20mins in my four days there was more than I ever thought I would get.
I would definitely recommend work experience at an airport to anyone who has an idea that aviation would be there chosen career as it has defiantly given me more of an insight into the work of an airport and the jobs each department faces on a day to day basis.
Having looked at my timetable for the four days, that was made up for me, despatch didn’t seem that interesting at all, but it proved to be my most enjoying and interesting, as I had thought atc would of been more myself.
I am now considering this as a back up option if I never make it as a pilot.
If anyone has any questions or would like to know what all I was "timetabled" for my stay free to ask.
The four days was definetly worth it.
Back to school.............