PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victoria International Airlines - Uganda
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 18:44
romeo.charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In requim pace

As a resident in Uganda and free lancing over most of africa I was enjoyed with the new airline Victoria International Airlines Uganda. Of wich I found out here in pprune just out of the blue. I took some information early december, and indeed the airline was existing, and could be consulted on their website viauganda.com.
Since actually i am flying in South Africa, it was a wonderfull coeinsidence, and I decided to bring my wife and son over for the holidays, booked over the internet, and paid at their GSA here in Johannesburg. So far so good, my family came over and we were delighted with the new outfit.
On 24 of January my family had their return ticket booked, but out of circomstances we deciced for them to return earlier, so I went on the website for re-booking, and what was the happy news? a oneliner " All flights are suspended and a tel number in Uganda was given for eventual booked passengers to try to make their way back home". I phoned the GSA in Jo-burg and indeed, the airline was no more, in Uganda no solution for the return, Happy New year VICTORIA INTERNATIONAL.