PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 17:37
number1matelot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginseng
No problem.

The T-Letter paragraph which you quote (I hadn't seen it) is a direct lift from the JSP, but in isolation it is not quite all that the JSP has to say on the subject, hence my reference to selective quoting.

Regards

Ginseng
As an Auditor of claims I am perfectly happy that if you are unable to obtain a receipt for your newspaper from the vendor then when you retain all your receipts for the year in which you are required write a small note, probably no more than a couple of lines that you actually expended that amount of money. When/if you get audited the Auditor will be quite happy with the note as this has covered everything that you expended within the IE limit.

I think the whole purpose of the change to the JSP is to stop everyone on temporary assignment from claiming a flat rate £5. £5 is the limit. If you do not actually expend that amount of money then why should you be re-imbursed.

Also I may point out the a survey has been carried out into the true cost of a 3 minute phone call/newpaper/laundry. Phone call £1.90 for a three minute call using a BT charge card to a Mobile Phone. £0.65 for the Times(daily) and whatever your laundry cost bearing in mind that most Senior Ranks/Wardroom(Officers Mess) the laundry machines are free.