PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin UK - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 16:26
sumeya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bexter
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum! My application form to Virgin is in the post and I am tres excited about the prospect of sending it off and hopefully securing an interview! I'm in the midst of a career re-direction and wondered if anyone could tell me if Virgin look sympathetically on those who have been working in other fields (in my case PR). I am a graduate with some limited customer service expereince and was a member of the RAF at uni which I loved. My father is a pilot and I am well travelled having lived across 4 countries including the Middle East which makes me very understanding of other people's cultures. For some reason i'm just very worried that I won't even be invited for interview as it seems so competitive. I really want to do this but worry that because I haven't been working directly with face-to-face customer service roles in the past 5 years that they won't be interested. Don't client servicing count?
Bexter,

As long as you can turn it around and draw on any customer service examples you should be fine. I know a few people who have been successful even though they haven't been in face to face customer service roles. Like you say you're well travelled and have a broad insight of different cultures etc.

You'll be fine mate! best of luck!

by the way guys...... its been 8 days now and still not heard anything!