PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA get thumbs up.........Not
Old 11th Jan 2007, 14:59
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by contrails03

Good on ya buddy. Your post doesn't even warrant a response and I vow this will be the last one you'll get unless you write something not resembling horse manure.
Firstly supply and demand is a very basic economic principle that drives all markets, including labour markets. I have studied economics but you don't have to have half a brain to understand it. Sorry but you may struggle with that one.
Secondly, I have been flying airliners for some years now, I love my job and have done well out of it. So when you don't know s#it don't say bull s#it.
Thirdly, neither I nor any people you refer to have made mistakes. Market forces are just as uncontrollable as the tides buddy. If you think you or anybody can control them then I have given you too much credit for the little intelligence I thought you had.
You and one or two others seem to be the only ones on here souring the otherwise good news that a pilot group is showing unity and strength. You will mostly be ignored, including by me from now on.
Oh and it such a shame you have gone to America, I bet the village you left really misses not having thier idiot around.
Really!
Oh how awe inspiring! How intellectual!
Somebody held your family hostage and "forced" you to sign a contract of indentured servitude did they?
You've studied economics; wow!! I'm so impressed. So you really are an Einstein aren't you? So what happens when this new found unity comes to a screeching halt as your employer comes back to you and puts out a help wanted sign? Will the people that they employ that won't be paying for their jobs be considered scabs?
For agreeing to PFT in the first place you have held up your own sign that says, "We're desperate". How the hell do you think you have any power to renegotiate anything now? It's taken 15 years so far to repair the damage that PFT has done to the industry in the USA, and we still have a way to go.
My "village" in Australia is still quite proud to call me one of their own and my American children feel quite welcome in either place. I will be down at Easter to make a donation to the PMQ SLSC if you want to talk about this some more. My background does include a degree in this field and it has been very useful in turning the tide before.

Last edited by Chris Higgins; 12th Jan 2007 at 01:32.