PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Threads closing suspiciously 2?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 14:57
Postman Plod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps the issue now is not what threads have been locked / moved, how the mil forum is managed / moderated, etc, but what has been said and done since?

Maybe if this is getting too much to handle, you should get someone to manage it for you? Maybe you should go commercial? Maybe you should lock it down to registered users, or those who have paid for a title? Perhaps we're seeing an emerging tentative change of direction from the site owners, and perhaps they are unsure of where to go from here, and its showing in the comments made?

Comparing this site to the likes of FriendsReunited isn't valid - it always has been a commercial site - this hasn't. Its also owned by ITV - a commercial company.

If you want to change direction, it would be nice to be told. Speak to your users. Be civil with them. Treat them as adults. We'll do whatever you want probably! We'll understand! Tell us, what exactly is the problem? What is the difference between what YOU want, and what WE seem to want? What would we need to do to help you get what WE ALL want? A moderator? Some forum rules? Help us out here! In words of 1 syllable! Help us understand!

The people making comments here obviously give enough of a crap about PPRuNe to speak up - so take advantage of us! We might not have paid, we might be PITA users, but we're here! Let us help! Ask us, dont alienate us - you might be surprised at the results! (you might not - who knows.... )

PPRuNe isn't my life - my other forum is my life. This is just a little affair I keep having....