PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Threads closing suspiciously 2?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 10:36
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
Much of the comments above reflect the most significant difference between the world of Military Aviation and the airline world.

The military world is not just a 'report, fly, go home' world. Were military aviators ever to lose interest in discussing items such as morale, welfare and the like, which includes JPA and housing conditions, for example, that would be tanatamount to ignoring issues which directly reflect the welfare of those who support the primary focus for which military avaition exists.

Read most of the (non-spotter) comments in the non-military forums and most seem very much centred on the individual. "I'm not paid enough"..."I have to work too hard"..."How can I do this, that or the other?". Some who no longer use PPRuNe referred to it recently as a 'moaning copilot's club' - rather an unfair view, but that was their perception, I'm sorry to say.

Leadership, whether of a crew or a company, should consider team, task and individual needs. The balance may vary depending on the scope of the task, but none of those needs are irrelevant.

If the lad who didn't remove the bang seat pin failed to do so because he was so tired due to worrying about his cocked up pay and his kids living in a damp slum, then that most certainly IS of concern to EVERY military aviator.

Moderate as you need, but please respect the fact that the military has a much greater duty of care towards its peoples' welfare and how that affects their performance than does any airline. The military is a team - and there is no 'I' in team!