PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blood Pressure / Hypertension thread.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 10:26
sharmine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cessna l plate
So thanks for the replies, and finally, what are the defeinitive figures that would get you grounded? And for interest what is the definition of the XX/XX reading anyway?

Cessna,

I had a similar problem with the lower end reading of the two i.e. lets say your reading is 130/90. The lower, 90, is the limit for that figure, you won't pass at 90 or above. Mine was hovering around this and some life style changes brought it back down. Most doctors (GPs) will do something from about 85 anyway, let alone the CAA. I bought a measuring unit from Boots and used it several time a day to help me understand the effects of my life style changes and it did help. Cost about 20 quid. If you can't reduce it yourself then prescribed tablets are allowed. I just wanted to avoid taking medicines but if you can't change the life style then acceptance of the pills will do the job. Don't know what the upper end limit is but your AMO should be able to give you a quick answer seeing as you don't seem to be getting a response here. Loosing a stone, a few less pints a week and more exercise seemed to do it for me

Good luck

BJ