PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin UK - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 09:30
MzGuilty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, as for the precourse e-learning, you can take the modules as many times as you want, the important thing is you have to achieve the pass mark and finish them all.

Yes, crew are trained on both Boeing and Airbus, and yes you fly out of both LHR and LGW. Please note you only get one parking pass now, so have to catch the Virgin bus between airports if you fly from the one you don't have a parking pass for. This adds a lot of time to an already long day.

Can't really comment on takehome pay, as I have pension etc deducted, but the gross pay for the first year is about £10,500. You get allowances on top of this which vary from very low to OK, and are paid in local currency downroute. SFO is one of the higher allowances, MCO one of the lower.

Nights away? You are guaranteed nine days off per month, the rest of the days you work. I usually get about 11 days off per month. Trips vary in length from two days (JFK) to nine days (KHG-SYD)

Yes they are taking on a lot more mature crew nowadays, there's no longer that age limit.

You can bid for trips after a year, but there's no guarantee you'll get them.

If you want more info on the allowances, please PM me. Virgin is like all other airlines nowadays, with cutbacks and getting you to work more. Having said that, I've worked for a few airlines and Virgin is definitely the one I'm happiest at. Good luck