PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charter equipment help needed.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 08:53
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charter equipment help needed.

Hi sportsfans.

I need to pick your brains. Have the need to move 16 people into Majuro in the Marshall Islands.

I have hade discussions with O7 but the 66-110 seat 732 is far too expensive.

I can get them there on commercials, but the route in and out changes day to day due to dodgy schedules with CO Micronesia.

Could anyone advise of suitable turbine equipment that is capable of carrying 16 surfers along with their baggage and 16 board coffins - appox 8" x 3" x 2.5" each. That is the big problem as bizjets generally have main deck cargo compartments and I am not aware of anything operating within Oz with sufficient upper deck or underfloor storage to fit the bill.

The flight would be SYD MAJ SYD, probably over HIR for tech reasons. Time on the ground in MAJ would be around 96 hours max with acceptable accommodation (I would stay there and roughing it to me is a hotel without flyscreens and a bar) and as this whole thing depends on swell reports 48 hours notice would be close to the maximum lead time.

Any directions to placing funds in the hands of a suitable charter company with the right equipment would be very much appreciated.

I can be contacted all hours ( I know Buster - Phone tag rules! - on 0419 323989 or during business hours on 1800 067 207.

Who said the Travel Industry was dull?

Best regards all.

EWL

Ron Knight
Jetset Travel
Devonport