PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Threads closing suspiciously 2?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 08:20
ProfessionalStudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scroggs
Pprune is for discussing aviation, and Mil Aircrew is for discussing military aviation. Not JPA. Not Saddam Hussain's death. Not housing stock.
Scroggs
Scroggs

I've no issue over how you guys run the site. It's your ball and you'll let who you want play and no-one else.

But...
Surely JPA and housing amount to T&Cs for us military guys? Do the BA guys and such not discuss T&Cs on their forums?

Saddam's hanging may be "World Politics" on other forums, but some of the people on this site helped depose him and continue to help re-build his country.

I've been a member under under one moniker or other since about 2000 and PPruNe has changed a little but not beyond all recognition. These days there are more wannabes and more "non-aviators". Though I'm not anti-blunty, I do believe a way to regain aviation focus and also reduce load on the server would be to either close the forum to non-aviators (who are well served by E-Goat et al) or make it a private forum (such as the airline specific forums). It may not be popular, but as you and your colleagues have said, so what, and the ones that stay will restore and maintain the purity of the site.

Like sweary telly, if you don't like it, there's an off switch. If you don't like the way PPruNe is run, go elsewhwere. If you like it and believe it's important, think of constructive ways that we, the users, can help the site survive and improve. Not just have a bitch-fight over it (and yes, I'm aware that some comments from PPruNe Towers could be seen as inflammatory, but like I said it's their ball and they choose the rules).

Frankly, I think PPruNe's great and a valuable community for us aviators. long may it go on.