PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting times in Aussie SAR/EMS
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 02:35
RWJackOfAllTrades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see some of the issues surrounding this new concept, but overall, I still believe its an amazing opportunity to progress on so many levels. There will always be people who will move on for whatever reason - better opportunities, more pay, change of scenery etc etc. After having done some very hard yards in civillian aviation over a long period of time, pretty much funding all of it myself, I am just surprised that a group of people would not welcome such a chance to step up professionally and add to their development. From my experiences of flying around the world in different operational environs, I could say confidently that most crewman in other similar EMS/SAR fit outs would jump at the chance to be trained as co-pilots and better themselves. I am not from EMQ management - by the sounds of this thread, they might be busy trying to sort out this can of worms that has been opened up. What is the alternative then guys? Employ full-time co-jos and live the rest of your lives flying in the back seat? Then, how many people will want to move onto othr organisations to get some LHS flying and improve their skills, knowledge and overall professional abilities. Could be a case of damned if they do, damned if they don't. I am still for the concept personally and think it will work once a few people have a sit down and get some things sorted out.