PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Uk company has Hats?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2007, 00:51
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ready

My post duly edited also.

As your dick is apparently far larger than mine (although I do have more type ratings), you are of course entitled to your opinion... however, mentioning your qualifications is no different to poncing about in a uniform for the wrong reasons. QED.

Our SOP was not to greet pax with a hat on, as hats were optional in that company. I never wore one, never even took it out of it's wrapper.

You must have a lot to do when planning your departure. All I do is a walk-round, check the fuel, get the clearance and clip the plate on the holder. All the other stuff comes later, during the checks. More to the point, greeting pax has absolutely nothing to do with Situational Awareness, nothing is going to kill you whilst parked at the gate. I suppose you could say that greeting the pax actually helps SA, in the sense that you can spot the problem pax early.

If your company requires hats, and you refuse to wear one to the point of receiving warnings, one has to wonder what other rules you are breaking...