PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 4
Thread: MANCHESTER - 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 21:38
StoneyBridge Radar

Location: South of MAN, North of BHX, and well clear of Stoke ;-)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManchesterMan
Mr ATis
I see that we can no longer try and convince you to stay
loyal to your 'local' airfield (for local people!) and sadly we
have got to say goodbye to your custom.
I hope that the grass is greener for you and your family
flying from Liverpool.I should not expect you to have any
further problems with your travelling from there.
Happy Happy Happy new year !!
MM
And doesn't that reply smack of the arrogance shown over the last few years with regard to MAN management and their once loyal customer base. How many people in management who had the same smug cock-sure attitude now regret rejecting the advances of the likes of Easyjet only to see them set up shop 30 miles down the road at an airport they used to look down their noses at.
Sadly, the chances of reality setting in at MAN are remote with comments like that quoted still being bandied around.
WRT figures for people choosing LPL, LHR LGW etc now over MAN, I have none, but I am sure CAA stats will show this, as and when they come out. From a personal perspective, I have observed a trend of now seeing people travelling again via LGW or LHR who I have not seen for years and who, like me, were ardent supporters of anything and everything direct out of MAN (and almost always at extra cost), but who are no thoroughly fed up of everything Terminal 1 and 2, that Terminal 3 is now the departure point of choice, whatever the connection point may be down route.
I can't name the company, but a major chemical and pharmaceutical company with MAN as its nearest departure airport now feeds its staff through Liverpool if possible. Their attitude...? No frequent flier parking anymore in T1, awful lounges in T1 and T2, priority luggage never comes out first at MAN, long queues for security. Without what are perceived as essential business perks being delivered, why not safe a huge chunk of revenue over a year and travel down the road to an airport where they can 'enjoy' a similar lack of facilities, but pay lo-cost fares.
Sad, but fact, and until those supporters wearing rose tinted glasses realise that something is seriously awry, MAN has no prospect of gaining/retaining/clawing back the passenger throughflow its location really does merit.
Stoney