PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 20:56
boredcounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avgas

Cheers mate
Only had the pleasure of working full time with the mighty Budgie for a short time in the early 90's and that brought the memories flooding back! The Dart just sounds fantastic, though pre H&S police, guess I may curse that whistle when premature deafness sets in.
In 18 months of working with 2 series 1(As?), that were appraching 30 then, I can only recall the loss of 2 sectors tech! Now that I think speaks volumes for the design, not only airframe, but the fabulous but somewhat thirsty Dart.
Lets hope there is a lot of life left in the ex-JEM girls yet and some work for the people too.
Again, I have only had minimum dealings with JEM, in the days when they had a couple of pax 748s in the 90s Subbed them in a few times, bloody good bunch at ground level and the crews just as good. Remember one of their flights for us leaving a tyre at BHX on route to NCL. Before I could phone and let them know, JEM on the phone with schedule of (gratis) freighter ex LPL to NCL with spares, 'sorry the Southbound will take a delay'. That was customer service never to be forgotten.
Can anyone from JEM confirm the fate of GDAAL, used to be one of the girls I worked with, ex GBEKG, guess the scrap man got her?
Cheers
Bored