PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blood Pressure / Hypertension thread.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 14:08
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies folks. It is a sad indictment of my lifestyle, although not totally to blame, that I suspect that my BP might be a problem. To be honest I am not a fan of the quackerage at the best of times and I do tend to suffer from "white coat syndrome" so I am only guessing that it might be high anyway. I accept that there are lifestyle changes that I need to make, and quickly, and exercise is probably the main one, followed by the ciggies. These combined should help and I know that. Finding the willpower to give up the smoking, and the time to exercise are different issues, but I have taken a step in the right direction by accepting that this is what needs to happen, all I need to do now is put that into practice. Perhaps the thought of the medical has focused my mind a little more, although to be fair in the last 18 months there has been more than enough to occupy it!!! All I want is to make sure that I pass the medical, in common with most people here, the thought of not getting behind the controls fills me with more dread than any of the other things in life.

So thanks for the replies, and finally, what are the defeinitive figures that would get you grounded? And for interest what is the definition of the XX/XX reading anyway?