PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimium Duration of CIR flight test
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 13:38
Capt Splat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Albizia
Rat****, if you were on one engine for real, and had told us (don't laugh, I've had aircraft land and first I've known about it was seeing it feathered on the runway), we won't be giving you long winded anything.

Quite often the non standard missed approach is used so that a PILS can be fitted into a slot that may not have worked with a standard MAP, the idea being to save holding for the aircraft. Also, a non standard MAP is often used at CS so that we can keep departing aircraft, not having them wait for a slower aircraft (no offence to Bo's) to clear the path.

I understand that ATC comms can be annoying at times, however you must also understand also that we have rules and requirements that we must follow, under threat of stand down or dismissal. If our requests are being distracting, or you are unable to comply, just tell us and we will endeavour to sort something else out.

If ATC comms have been distracting to a real point of concern, I would strongly recommend that you put in an incident report, ATC's don't take them personally, just as pilots shouldn't either. They are designed to help improve the system.

If you have a question next time you get a non standard missed approach out of CS, please call the TWR when you land and we are always more than happy to explain why (well, try to explain, it is approach that gives the MAP, we are normally just the messenger ).
Wasn't the point that the ATC instructions were being given in a test situation where the engine failure was simulated? Or have I missed something?