PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 09:00
Lee Frost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. Its human nature to become accustomed to being in a relatively 'good' situation, and then find other things to complain about. I think those in the pool would do well to try and find some interesting or fun short-term work and concentrate on enjoying the small time we will have to wait before going to TR.

If its half a year then so be it - but don't crowd that time with moaning and complaining, when there are hundreds of others out there with absolutely no response from airline HR depts. We are all in a good situation in the (...to coin a phrase) 'big picture'.

Looking around my AQC there were no spoilt-brat style characters - we should be careful not to present ourselves as such on this forum. Even if the flow of information from CTC could be better (and I think it could), its not our train set; we cannot affect decisions being made on our immediate futures.

What we can do is shift our outlook - I'd say the one above would be a fitting template - and try to enjoy life....when we all get stuck in to our 900 hrs/year there may be some looking back to the time in the holdpool thinking...."that wasn't such a bad time after all"!

Sorry about the slight thread creep.....back on course now....I'll look forward to more info anyone has on airlines, and possible recruitment plans

Stay positive!