PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 08:24
DickPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK... time for an element of perspective I think!

This is how I see it:

1) If any of us would have failed selection at any time (including the AQC), we would be very p*ssed off and would be envious of those in the pool.

2) I understand that CTC have always managed to place successful candidates and so we will all be employed some day.

3) Would you rather be applying for hundreds of jobs right now and getting nothing back, not even an acknowledgement?

4) How about paying thousands of pounds for a type rating followed by no hours (or very few) on type and no guarantee of a job? Combine that with the possibility of seeing it lapse after 12 months!

As wannabe’s, we are in one of the best positions to be in with nothing more to worry about other than keeping current and waiting. How many other pilots are there that wish they were in the same position? You only have to look at the other forums to find out!

So, a little update from CTC would be useful and then we can all get on with dreaming about the day that we WILL sit in that right hand seat for the first time.

Remember, CTC said that easyjet want 450 pilots of which a third will be from CTC with most of those being ATP.

I don’t know about you, but after being in the pool since the summer, I’m still very excited about that!